Saturday, May 17, 2008

Owen Joseph Whitcomb HAS ARRIVED!

It is with great pleasure and honor that I announce to you, Owen Joseph Whitcomb is here! The doctors were having a difficult time maintaining his heartbeat, so they took Lori to the OR to preform a C-Section. Everything went perfect and at 12:15 PM today (5/17) Owen was born! He weighed 6lbs 3oz (coincidence, I weighed 6lbs 3oz) and he measured 19.75" long.

We spent a little time in the recovery room and then at 2:30 PM they took us to the family room where he'll stay with us for the next few days. I haven't heard for sure, but the recovery time for a C-Section is a little more, so I think we'll be here until at least Monday or so...

I'll post another update later today, until then, enjoy the pictures!

Owen Joseph Whitcomb

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lori and Greg! Now you are a real family.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Whitcombs!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Greg and Lori! What a cute kid! Niki and I are very happy for you both. I remember the blur of events that occurred when Dylan was born, it was a time I will never forget. I know you both are very excited and ready to go home now I am sure. That's when the reality sets in, when the nurses are no longer around. We'll come visit soon, once you get settled.